Current Beach Naturalists go here ⇒
The Rosario Beach Naturalist Program began as a collaboration between Deception Pass State Park and WSU Beach Watchers. The Beach Naturalist program is designed to promote interpretation and conservation at tide pools and beaches in our area.
If you like people, enjoy being on the beach, and are passionate about marine education; consider becoming a Rosario Beach Naturalist.
- Rosario Beach Naturalists serve as stewards and educators at the Rosario Tide Pools.
- Gain experience with environmental education.
- Classes will take place weekly in March and April.
- There is also a weekend field trip.
- Classes are free. The only payment required is volunteering.
- A schedule of classes can be viewed below.
Learn about: Deception Pass State Park, tide pools 101, human history of Fidalgo, tides and currents, intertidal invertebrates, coastal ecology and processes, marine mammals, story of the Maiden, interpretation, environmental education and more!
If you have questions or would like to register, please email Deception Pass Interpretive Services at email@example.com or call (360) 675-3767 ext. 31