- This event has passed.
The Deception Pass Challenge
June 22| Individual - $50 Team - $100
The 2nd Annual Deception Pass Challenge will be on June 22nd, 2013 at 8 a.m.
All proceeds support education and resource protection at Deception Pass State Park.
Click the button below for online registration or click here to download a paper registration form.
Swim: 1/2 mile in Cranberry Lake. Note: water temperature is typically between 55 and 60 degrees at this time of year so wetsuits are recommended.
Bike: 13 miles with a mixture of road and trail. Mountain or cross bikes are recommended.
Run: 4 miles from West Beach to top of Goose Rock. Elevation rise is 484 feet and back to sea level.
- The Challenge costs $50 for an individual or $100 for a team of three (late registrations are $60 for individuals and $130 for teams).
- Dry weave shirts (free for participants who register before June 1st) feature the Challenge Logo (see right).
- Prizes given to top finishers.
- A course map can be viewed below.
- Deception Pass is a Washington State Park. Therefore, a Discover Pass is required to park at this event. Click here to learn about other ways of getting to the park.
- This page will be updated with more information and race-day instructions in the coming months.
- Click here to download the course map.
If you have questions about the Inaugural Deception Pass Challenge, if you are interested in being a volunteer, or you are a business that is interested in sponsoring this event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Deception Pass Interpretive Services at (360) 675-3767 ext. 31. Please note that we will be releasing more information about the Challenge prior to the day of the event. If you have a question, it may well be answered here soon.
Entry Cancellation Policy: Full refunds can be issued until June 1st. After this date, the fees from cancelled entry fees will be considered donations to the Deception Pass Park Foundation (a 501c(3) non-profit).
Thank You to our Sponsors!
Last Year’s Results and Photos:
- Click here for 2012 results.
- Coverage of the Inaugural Deception Pass Challenge in the Whidbey News-Times.
- Photo www.ahs.smugmug.com to see tons of great photos of the race (enter “seahwaks” as the password).