June 22, 2013
The 2nd Annual Deception Pass Challenge will be on June 22nd, 2013 at 8 a.m.
All proceeds support education and resource protection at Deception Pass State Park.
Click the button below for online registration or click here to download a paper registration form.
Swim: 1/2 mile in Cranberry Lake. Note: water temperature is typically between 55 and 60 degrees at this time of year so wetsuits are recommended.
Bike: 13 miles with a mixture of road and trail. Mountain or cross bikes are recommended.
Run: 4 miles from West Beach to top of Goose Rock. Elevation rise is 484 feet and back to sea level.
- The Challenge costs $50 for an individual or $100 for a team of three (late registrations are $60 for individuals and $130 for teams).
- Dry weave shirts (free for participants who register before June 1st) feature the Challenge Logo (see right).
- Prizes given to top finishers.
- A course map can be viewed below.
- Deception Pass is a Washington State Park. Therefore, a Discover Pass is required to park at this event. Click here to learn about other ways of getting to the park.
- This page will be updated with more information and race-day instructions in the coming months.
- Click here to download the course map.
If you have questions about the Inaugural Deception Pass Challenge, if you are interested in being a volunteer, or you are a business that is interested in sponsoring this event, please email us at email@example.com or call Deception Pass Interpretive Services at (360) 675-3767 ext. 31. Please note that we will be releasing more information about the Challenge prior to the day of the event. If you have a question, it may well be answered here soon.
Entry Cancellation Policy: Full refunds can be issued until June 1st. After this date, the fees from cancelled entry fees will be considered donations to the Deception Pass Park Foundation (a 501c(3) non-profit).
Last Year’s Results and Photos:
- Click here for 2012 results.
- Coverage of the Inaugural Deception Pass Challenge in the Whidbey News-Times.
- Photo www.ahs.smugmug.com to see tons of great photos of the race (enter “seahwaks” as the password).
August 3, 2013
Come join us as we celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Washignton State Parks system!